Why you should read this policy
Who we are
https://marlaconservatoryblinds.co.uk/bournemouth-dorset/ (Website) is brought to you by PCM Solar Limited trading as Marla Custom Blinds (Bournemouth), a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 11674771 whose registered office address is at 4 Chestnut Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 4LQ.
PCM Solar Limited t/a Marla Custom Blinds (Bournemouth) (‘We’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Our collection and use of your personal information
Information that you provide
We will obtain personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. We may also collect other information relevant to customer behaviour, demographics, surveys and/or offers. We will also obtain credit card details when you make a purchase from us, but these details are not stored.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, make purchases through our website and share information via the website’s social media functions.
We do not collect, store or process data that is labelled as sensitive under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (‘GDPR’).
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data.
Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which will be added to the information already held about you in order for us to help supply our services and products to you.
Information that will be collected automatically
How your personal data will be used
We use this personal information to:
- help identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any enquiries, projects or contracts entered into by you;
- keep accurate internal records;
- improve our products and services;
- periodically send promotional emails using the email address you have provided;
- contact you by email, phone or mail for market research purposes;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services or products that may affect you;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences; and
- collecting IP addresses of visitors to our website for the purposes of protecting our website from hacking attempts.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a lawful basis for doing so. There are various different lawful bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The main lawful bases we may rely on when processing your personal data includes:
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you;
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as when you contact us with an enquiry.
We may also process your personal data with your consent, where we have a legal obligation to do so, where it may be of vital interest to do so or where it is in the public interest to do so.
Disclosure of your personal data
Marla Custom Blinds (Bournemouth) will only disclose your personal data to the franchisor Marla Custom Blinds Ltd where there is a need and lawful basis to do so.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal server and computers where access is restricted.
There may be occasions where data may be transferred outside of the EU for storage or processing (e.g. bulk email providers). Where necessary, we will take steps to ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
For example, for servers located in the US, we would look for compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which offers compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can find more information about Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. You can also check specific companies’ certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search.
If you have provided your consent to receive news, special offers or promotions from us, or it is within our legitimate interest to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone and email, about our products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
We will collect and store information about you, as detailed above. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for our administrative costs involved with providing you with access if we receive a request which is manifestly unfounded or excessive to access personal records. We may also charge a reasonable fee, in relation to administrative costs, if further copies of your data is requested following your initial request.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You may have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
- You have the right to restrict processing.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email or telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in an electronic format such as a PDF file, CSV file or via other electronic means. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with any requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
To revise your consent, request access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at email@example.com.
You may need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long we will store your data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
Your data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- you have withdrawn your consent to data processing;
- the original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed anymore;
- the data is no longer up to date or accurate.
We do not contract directly with children and therefore, we do not actively process the personal data of children. In using our services, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Policy and verify that you are over the age of 18.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also confirm that your data will be stored on secure servers.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- obtain information about your website preferences and tailor its operations to your needs;
- identify which pages are being used, helping us to analyse data about web page traffic and ways to improve our website in order to tailor it better to our customer needs;
Description of cookies
The cookies that we utilise on our Website are placed to fulfil such functions as analysing how you use the Website to give you a better and more personalised experience, generate statistical data and allow visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms.
Should you wish to discuss the cookies we utilise on our Website, please get in contact with us.
We use Google Analytics to collect data on how our users are using our website and their demographics (age, gender) and interests which enables us to evaluate how our users’ behaviour varies by demographics and interests in order that we can improve our website content, marketing and services for our clients. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The Google Analytics features we implement may be based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. If you prefer that Google Analytics does not collect any data from you when you visit a website that has it incorporated, information for opting out can be found on Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: http://www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to PCM Solar Limited trading as Marla Custom Blinds (Bournemouth), 4 Chestnut Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 4LQ or call 01202 070 242.
Concerns and Questions
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.